Skip to main content

Featured

Dum Ka Qeema - Smoked Ground Beef

Dum Ka Qeema Daam ka Qeema or Galawat ka qeema remind me of Eid. On every Eid Ammi cooked  Daam ka Qeema and to serve with Kachories. Garnishing with sliced onions, ginger, mint leaves, and lemon juice is just perfect to enjoy this dish. This is the easiest recipe and less effort and the result is so scrumptious. It's a perfect dish to make at any party, very easy to make and you can totally impress your guest with its delicious flavor. I usually marinate the meat day before the party and the next day cook it.  Every time I cook it I always get comments from friends and family and they asked for the recipe. So here I am sharing the authentic recipe of Daam ka Qeema or Galawat ka Qeema which Ammi is making for 30 plus years, so it is definitely a fail-proof recipe. Prepare time      15 minutes  Marinate time    18 to 24 Hours Cook time          1 hour Servings             6 - 8 Ingredients 1.5 Lb ground beef or Mutton 1 small onion 1/3 cup oil 1 1/2 tbsp ginger paste 1 1/2 tbsp cori

Hunter Beef

 

Hunter Beef


 



One of the most beautiful childhood memories of mine were cooking with my dad and helping him to prepare Hunter Beef, as his little helper. I helped him to gather all the ingredients, and perking the meat. 


I remember every year after Eid ul Adha it was a must dish which we siblings anxiously waited for. We ended up eating the hunter beef sandwiches literally for every meal with homemade mayonnaise. It takes me down to memory lane, I can even feel the flavor in my mouth. 


Now that I moved to the USA, I started to make this dish, my husband and kids love it. 

Today when my daughter asked me to make this dish, it made my heart so happy that I am successful in introducing this childhood dish to my kids. Hoping that they will follow this family recipe.



Prepare time 15 minutes 

Marinate time    24 Hours

Cook time     1 hour

Servings        8-10


Ingredients 

2.75 lb Boneless beef

3 tsp salt

4 tsp cumin powder

1/2 cup lemon juice

3” piece cinnamon stick

1/3 cup oil 


Instructions


1- Wash the meat and dry. 



1- Rub salt, lemon juice and cumin powder well. (use freshly ground cumin for best result)



2- Prick the beef with the knife or fork all over. 


3- Turn over the beef and apply remaining spices and prick. 



4-Place the meat in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours for best result. 


5- Take out the meat from the refrigerator after 12 hours and prick again so the spices can go inside the meat. This will allow the marinade to seep into the meat while flavoring and tenderizing it. Refrigerate again for another 12 hours. 


6- Heat oil in a large pan and add cinnamon stick, when the aroma comes add meat. 

Cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Cover the lid. Don’t add water at this point, beef will release their own water.




7- Flip the beef on its side and continue cooking until the beef is tender. If needed add 1/3 cup of water. 



8- Add potatoes and cook until it tender. Enjoy!


                          


               




💗 Recipe by Urooj 










 

Comments

Popular Posts